Gameloft Entertainment LTD.
Environment Artist; August 2014 – Current
Current Project (to be released May 2016)
- Modelling, texturing and lighting environments with Mental Ray using Arch and Design materials based on script concepts (2D).
- Modelling and texturing high poly props for placement in scenes.
Disney Magic Kingdom
- Supported 3D team as needed by providing high poly models for baking.
- Successfully integrated 3D models into pre-existing art pipeline.
- Responsible for modeling, texturing and lighting crime scene environments according to script requirements and 2D concepts.
- Worked closely with design department to develop newly themed slot machines and
conceptualize bonus games.
- Stepped up as lead artist in critical times.
- Liaised with art director to interpret and implement feedback from HQ.
- Delegated tasks to art team while providing time estimates to producer.
Augmented Reality App
SimentIT Inc. in association with Seneca College
Art Director, Lead Artist; February – July 2014
- Explored ideas for augmented reality app.
- Provided effective solutions to limitations of augmented reality.
- Concepted, modelled and textured two separate environments.
- Storyboarded and timed out VFX.
- Animated 3D models, sprite sheets and Unity particles.
Tony’s Shoot Out
Dingo Mobile Inc. in association with Seneca College
Art Director, Lead Artist; August – November 2013
- Responsible for all character and environment art as well as storyboards.
- Modelled and textured Tony, including upgraded hockey equipment.
- Skinned, rigged and animated main character with additional facial rig and GUI control.
- Brought assets into Unity to check compatibility with mobile settings.
- Designed icons and textures for unlocking and upgrading assets.
Fort York Blockhouse Installation
Awe Productions Inc. in association with Seneca College
Character Artist; May – August 2012
- Created several character concepts for primary, secondary, and tertiary characters.
- Modelled high poly and low poly characters according to predetermined poly count limits.
- Textured characters to match styled art direction.
- Rigged and skinned using CAT rig and set up morph targets for facial animation.
- Helped troubleshoot several issues relating to Unity mobile settings regarding characters.
- Assisted with environment modelling/texturing and sprite animation when necessary.
Seneca College of Applied Art and Technology
Art Director, Asset Modeller; January – April 2012
- Managed a clear and consistent art direction through reviews and critiques of models,
textures, lighting, and overall visual appeal.
- Worked closely with the Director and Level Designer to successfully represent the 2D concept
as a 3D environment.
- Gathered reference images appropriate to the time period, style, and mood of the project to
create a single reference package to be used by everyone to ensure a constant visual style.
- Scheduled deadlines for visual critiques on a weekly basis, and successfully completed the
project within the time provided.
- Modelled several assets from high poly to low poly based on schematics.
- Unwrapped and textured assets, optimized texture map sizes within the UDK editor, and
created secondary unwrap channels for light maps.
- Helped to model and texture assets initially assigned to other group members to meet
iClone Character Animation Contest 2015
- Placed runner up.
- Modelled, rigged, animated original one-minute character animation clip.
- Modelled and textured characters.
- Provided supporting environment assets.
Various Freelance Projects
Modeller/Texture Artist; Februrary – June 2013
- Transformed 2D concepts into 3D models for rendering as needed.
- Created high resolution detailed texture maps for low poly models.
- Designed modular assets for quick assembly using minimal number of maps.
Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Game Art and Animation (2011-2012)
- Animation (2009-2011)
- Art Fundamentals (2008-2009)
- 3Ds Max 2016
- Photoshop CS6
- ZBrush 4R7
- Quixel Suite
- After Effects